Negligence in updating..

It is now the 4th of July 2013. We bought the bus nearly 13 months ago, and it’s not done yet! Still lots to do. 20130129_161953Since the last posting I made a new camper tent to go with the new upholstery.

The existing original pop-top canvas was beyond repair. There are replacement tops available in the $320-$375 range which would be a perfect stock replacement, but Matt and I did something 20130129_161906different.


In keeping with the striped upholstery theme, Matt, and I thought a custom striped pop top would be kewl. So, since I bought the HD Singer sewing machine to make the upholstery, I figured I could make a canvas tent top too.

I bought some urethane coated (water resistant) duck canvas on ebay, which I felt would be a good material for the intended purpose.20130209_134850   I used the existing tent to make measurements and came up with this:





20130323_174147-1 (800x557)


7 thoughts on “Negligence in updating..

    • Well, the short answer is no, I seem to have lost the measurements. Sucks for me too, as I now bought a 72′ that will also need a new tent. If you take a look at this picture: and zoom in, you’ll see my measurements next to a panel I was fabricating. Add 2″ to each written edge measurement (you can always fold the excess under the frame). I took original measurements by opening the pop-top and measuring the exact dimensions and SUBTRACTING 1″ from the horizontal measurements to the canvas would be taut when fully opened. Good Luck – it’s really easier than I’m making it sound.

  1. What type of thread did you have to use and any specific needle that needed? I only have a regular home sewing machine. Where did you find the a long zipper?

    • Hi Miriam, Sorry for the late response! I used Nylon thread 40S – TEX 70. I used a Singer Heavy Duty Sewing machine ( It was $100 on a Amazon deal. I did not use a zipper, instead I used 1/2″ velcro sewed into the edges. It is waterproof, non-scratching, and holds up well. Good luck on your project.

  2. Situsdominoqq99 is a website that lists the best and most trusted poker sites in Indonesia from year to year.
    The poker agent we pay for is the site of the credited dealer of pkv
    games. We understand that members locate it difficult to find bona
    fide poker QQ poker sites today. Because many deed sites claiming to be trusted sites.
    Here Situsdominoqq99 is here to urge on Indonesian poker players solve this problem.

    Situsdominoqq99 has summarized most of the problems / constraints of players
    in finding a trusted poker site. Or you could tell we have provided a list
    of poker sites for players. hence players just compulsion to choose from the poker website that we have enough money without the hassle.

    Alternative contacts of Online Poker Sites

    In accessory to providing a list of online poker sites from PKV Games servers in Indonesia.
    Situsdominoqq99 website plus provides various swap connections or stand-in sites appropriately that members
    pull off not experience difficulties in logging in, registering, transacting
    or playing poker games. The team from Situsdominoqq99 always updates
    periodically for every login urls and lists that are on our
    site all day. for that reason players can entry the poker agents / sites that you have recommended through
    our site without interruption.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *